Monday, October 19, 2015

Doctor Who- Kill the Moon Review °Spoilers

Okay well, I finally had some time to watch Kill the Moon and to be honest I was really supprised by how much I liked it. The previous episodes were less than to be desired but this I thought was pretty good. I liked that they calmed the doctor down a bit and also, needless to say if you have not seen this episode do not continue reading because as River Song says Spoilers!

So first thing first why the hell did the Doctor tell Courtney that she wasn´t special I mean talk about being a jerk at this moment I have to agree with Clara. I wanted to slap him too but then thinks get a bit better when the Doctor tries to make up for that but sending them to the moon and making it so Courtney was the first woman on the moon I mean really he couldn´t just say sorry and then take her to the moon? When the Doctor introduces himself for lack of better words to the astronauts he says that he might regenerate forever and if that´s true then it becomes somewhat evident that the BBC is not planning on stopping at 12 and will continue going. Which I assumed before but this line kinda afirms it. And another thing I love is that Capaldi´s pockets are bottomless I mean one day he´s going to pull a kitchen sink out of there seriously lol, but I did like that they gave him a yoyo to play with.
And then “That´s what you do with aliens… blow them up¨ gawd, what a line. I mean yes that technically would solve the problem but come on but what I really loved about that line was the reaction from both Clara and the Doctor. The Doctor is like crap this again and Clara´s a mix of shocked and surprised while doing maybe one of the more important shots Courtney is nowhere to be seen. Despite the fact that the Tumblr comment was funny how on earth did the Doctor not clearly see that from the beginning that Courtney was taking pictures with her cellphone and not tell her to cut it out. I mean in general I don´t even see a need for this character except to have another tin dog but lets face it K-9 would be a better companion that Courtney at this moment. Also a Mexican Mining survey and they didn't do the most elementary step in going with Rovers to check if the moon had minerals before sending 4 Mexcian Scientist to the moon really but well I guess I shouldn´t put too much logic into Doctor Who. However what would be interesting and I hope that they do it because now they have Courtney, they could go back to the original premis of the show to teach history by going to the past and Science by going into the future. That would be kinda awesome. And I kinda hate the Astronaut lackies just a bit too stupid for my taste but well, at least they kill them off fast. And how on earth do they let four scientist go missing for 10 years without any attempt of a rescue? And then we hear the shrieking child, I mean I half get it but really she did wonder off by herself? But as an added bonus the Doctor names some of the Sea´s or Maria on the moon. For those who don´t know Maria are large dark bits on the moon that were caused by ancient volcano´s. The reason they are known as sea´s is because early astronomers mistook them for sea´s. Kinda cool huh? Anyway moving along, also not


sure but couldn´t the doctor just talk to the moonspiders using telepathy? And ask them not to attack offer them safe haven etc? Instead of the moonspiders killing more people? I also liked that the doctor despite being a jerk before and saying that Courtney wasn´t special, fought to get her out of the locked room with the moonspider and then she magically pulls disinfectant spray out of the air. What kid carries disenfectant spray with them? What is she a germaphobe or something? I also think its worth noting that the doctor is basically salivating over a dead space germ, I mean I get it but the head austronaut lady is freaking out about how her comrad just died and the Doctor doesn´t blink an eye because he´s too busy looking at a dead space bug. I mean I get it but a bit of sympathy wouldn´t hurt. Then after they lock Courtney in the Tardis (which I think they should have done a long time ago) and Clara acts like she knows everything saying the the moon doesn´t blow up because she saw it in the future (Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey).


Then the Doctor goes on for what was an interesting sort of monologue about how he see´s time,
something that´s been brought up before but never fully explained gets a little clearer here.  Okay and I admit I jumped when the moonspider attacked the doctor. Anyone else? Its okay show of hands.  And can anyone tell me why exactly the disinfectant wouldn´t work? ¨There´s no water on the moon¨, let me be clear this is not completely right, sure it doesn´t exist on the surface but there are ice capsules at the poles underground. So technically yes, there is water on the moon just not as liquid water. And here comes the realization the the moon is hatching, which in and of itself is actually a really cool idea but what does it hatch into a giant tick, I was totally expecting a starwhale or a dragon of some type but nope space tick. And while the Doctor is going off about how cool and unique it is here comes astronaut lady to ask how to kill it. I mean really and then the Doctor gets pissed and is like nope Im not gonna put up with this bullshit and what I really think is that, this is a test for Clara, to see if she would do the right thing under pressure with people telling her to something that she knows inside of her is wrong. Whereas I can understand the Doctor I can understand Clara too. The Doctor wants to test her. And Clara who always used to being told by the Doctor what to do suddenly finds herself left to solve a massive problem by herself and without the Doctors help she feels abandoned. Despite the fact that the doctor flew away in his Tardis I think he didn´t just go off to twiddle his tumbs I think that he made it so that Clara could do her broadcast. What do you guys think? Also I´m sorry right but how does crazy astronaut lady know that its a exoparasite? I mean really at that point she supposedly hasn´t even seen it, right? And I love that both Courtney and Clara push the abort button at the same time and then bam there´s the Doctor. I really loved this part. And frankly I loved the end monologue given by Capaldi, this Doctor is really shaping up to be be both entertaining and enjoyable to watch. But then of course Clara has to come, and I think rightly so too and stands up to the doctor. That I think really shows a bit of character evolution in her whereas with the 11th doctor she was like a puppy behind him, she shows the 12th doctor that she can be independant and speak her mind and that he can´t just push her into any problem without help. She draws barriers for him and I think thats good.  


So, what did you think about this episode? Did you like it, hate it?


What do you think about having a kid in the Tardis?


Leave me a comment and let me know.


And last but certainly not least here is a workout to do while you watch the 12th doctor. What do you think? Give it a go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment