Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Microsoft Built a Posh Dalek and then there´s Echo

Alright, I think us whovians need to band together and warn Microsoft our our impending doom because recently they rolled out what looks like a sleek Dalek called the K5. Anyone else a bit worried? The K5 robot was built to function as a type of security droid complete with camera´s and artificial intelegence. They don´t however have any weapons and with luck they will never be fitted for them. However you can see these k5 robots around and working if you live in California.


 


So what do you think? Kinda scary right? Well, if that´s not scary enough for you Amazon recently launched Echo, a small cylinder robot which reminds me a bit of a pringles can that is if a pringles can was always llistening and montoring your every move. I know it sounds a bit paranoid but come on the thing is waiting for you listening to conversations and is directly connected to the cloud. For me this just seems like a very bad idea.



I partly want it but it freaks me out that it´s always on. 

What do you think of these robots?
Do you think they will make life better?
Or will they become our new robot overlords bent on the destruction of mankind?
Leave a comment and let me know,

No comments:

Post a Comment