Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Review: Doctor Who Christmas Special Last Christmas


So, I just saw the Doctor Who Christmas Special and to be honest I was very supprised not only that it wasn´t just pure ridiculousness but that it actually had some pretty dark undertones. I was exspeally supprised that Clara as a charater finally, for lack of better words manned up and faced the facts of what she really wanted. Which I belive is a key turning point for her character. If you have read any of my other articles on Doctor Who, you know I´m not a big Clara fan but this episode has me changing my mind about her. Instead of showing Clara as a brat, you see her being a brave, strong woman ready to make decisions even if they are not the easiest to make. Which let´s be honest was a nice change. And I honestly hope they keep that through the remainder of her time on Doctor Who. Now this is the bit where if you haven´t seen the episode you should either stop reading or get ready for spoilers.

Alright now, that thats out of the way I loved how if first started with Clara in her room with Santa and the elf´s having crashed on her roof and all of a sudden the Doctor pop´s up. The dream crabs are kinda cool looking. But even better was when the 12th doctor say´s mindpalacy, gawd I think BBC just likes toying with the fans truly. And jeeze just saying Clara is good at math, too good. And here comes that Doctor to say the exact wrong thing but it´s good that Clara was finally honest with him. And it´s Santa on Rodolf wohoo, my favorite raindeer. 

No one likes the tangerines.
 I love the dream within a dream throughout the whole episode, the Doctor and Clara are never quite sure if they woke up or not. It´s brilliant really what did you think? And I love that they referanced My Little Pony and Alien. And any one get the feels when they both admited to each other that they lied. The Doctor never found Gallifrey and Danny is still dead.

And this brings up something bad for the both of them trust nothing because it might be a lie and that speaks volumes for the reality of the two´s relationship. But I love the playful Doctor and Clara where the Doctor ask Clara to go get something and she comesback with a cever retort. This is exactly what was needed of Clara, yay she became sassy. And then the dream with Clara and Danny that broke my heart. And the chalkboards from the Doctor to Clara. I guess chalkboards are now going to be a thing. And the Doctor goes into desperate mode rather quickly and rushes he idea of killing the dream crab. Rather undoctor like but oh well, I can understand him, its scary his friend is trapped and he´s scared poor thing. And I did love that moment toward the end where 12 was driving the sleigh and all I could think is wow, 12 your 11 is showing. 
hey 12 your 11 is showing.
moment between the

What was your favorate moment? Leave a comment and let me know. 







No comments:

Post a Comment